Which Video Game Got You Into Cheating?

My very first cheating experiences were around year 1999 or something playing Unreal Tournament lol. I was hooked to the dopamine rushes. When I started playing Counter Strike, I started moving from harder cheats (e.g. aimbot, wallhacks, etc) to softer cheats (e.g. color aimbots which were more like aim assist than real aim bots). I also used maphack in Starcraft for a while but learned to play without it. Anyone else have the experience of having legit improvement in skills when using hacks? I feel like using wallhacks in Counter Strike really helped me hone my directional audio. Now I can tell pretty well where sounds are coming from without any sort of wallhacks. I took a long break from videogames between year 2011 until about 1-2 years ago. Now I'm 33 years old and finding it difficult to compete with kids who play all the time. I have a nice computer but also a full-time job and not a lot of time to play. I'm hoping to have some softer cheats to help me enjoy myself on my down time 🙂

On 10/11/2021 at 12:10 AM, ElectricLynx said:

Tarkov was my first. I'd play after a stressful day at work and just get bodied whether I was solo or in a squad. One day it finally just boiled over and I said "Fuck it" and found a cheat provider and just started outright rage hacking. Fun experience, but I've definitely toned it down a bit with just pulling up on random people and immediately headshoting them, lol. 

I feel this. Encountering the same shit in Cycle. Trying to rage cheat right now but the verification process is forcing me to cool down. Might as well use some of that money you worked hard for to turn the tide at leisure time!

This might sound lame, but it would have to be minecraft clients.Then there was COD 4 and MW2 mod menu lobbies, where there were "zombie" modes before zombie COD really became big. Even early youtube for glitch spot, out of map stuff was getting increasingly popular and that was all the hype for showing off to friends. I think there were even a few times where paying with those old xbox cards to get into modded lobbies was a thing.

On 11/14/2021 at 9:05 AM, basado7 said:

earliest experience was just using save states on emulators, mainly for SNES.

i remember following some really old forums to get cheats to work briefly on private servers for maplestory and WoW, mostly for flying or jumping around maps.

Wait, actually that makes more sense. I think the earliest for me was gamesharks for Pokemon games 😂

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it counts, but it was GTA San Andreas 😄 but for online, it was in higher age when i got bored from playing CSGO etc and i just want to have some fun. For EFT is mostly for evading players and doing just quests and chill 🙂